And M group went for to volunteer for the Standard Chartered race last Sunday! We were all looking so cui at the end of it, and promptly fell asleep LYING on the track while waiting for the bus to drive us back to Padang. There were so many people looking at us that it is a wonder why none of our photos appeared in STOMP. No more 100 Plus for me forever. Anyway, it was quite an inspiring sight to see so many runners chionging together, especially those elderly folks who signed up for the full 42km. I wonder when will I be brave enough to sign up for a full marathon! It really takes lot's of courage to sign up, knowing that you have to run for the next 4 hours or so....UNLESS you have already prepared the taxi fare to cab home when you are dying from the run haha...:) And of course, we became rubbish collecters at the end of the run, picking up all the empty cups on the ground.

This was just 1/1000 of the rubbish we had to pick up. Obviously it must be SJ's karma for not taking part in any canvassing event for the past 4 years. :/ So after the entire thing, the 9 of us earned a measly $180, which goes into the M GROUP FUND. :)
One week of holidays is almost over. And I'm thinking of what productive things to do during the holidays. I don't want to spend my whole hols nuaing around! And first, I shall aim to pack my ever so messy cupboard. :( Disastrous.
No comments:
Post a Comment