Monday, August 23, 2010

DIVING

I'm so tempted to learn diving! Asked Sun Leng who got her Open Water license with NTU Divers, and she said it only took her about 1 week to get her license. Basically, it costs about $500 and includes Theory lessons, pool lessons and 4 actual dives to Pulau Dayang or Tioman. The cost is a huge deterrent though. I need to SAVE SAVE SAVE, since I don't see my parents sponsoring this. In fact, they did not even approve of me going to Krabi this holidays because of all the water sports that I would be doing. They are scared that I will drown or what not. But, I had already made all the necessary payment myself and confirmed the Krabi trip, before telling my parents a few weeks prior to the trip. I was lucky that they didn't go ballistic on me.

Anyhow, back to diving. Year 2 seems impossible to learn diving as I have to go on a 10 week internship during my 11 weeks vacation (Yes, that means NO holidays for year 2 wth! All cos of YOG, our summer break in Yr 2 is shorten) :( I was thinking that maybe I can do this for my grad trip in Yr 3! I need a dive buddy! Who wants to learn diving :D

I've been staying home the past week (except for M group dinner on Friday), and I must say, I love the feeling of lying in bed and not feeling any pressure to get up! I could tell that my parents are happy that they got to see me more often during dinner, and even when I got home at 2am on Friday after M group dinner (yes, horrible timing at 2AM), they did not even nagged at me! Of course, there's money saved from all those lunches/dinners outside.

No comments: